[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-psc] bug tracker cleanup

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Mar 28 04:49:12 PDT 2017

Hi all

On 3/28/17 8:38 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi Giovanni,
>
> Il 27/03/2017 12:02, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
>
>> this thread didn't get the traction I was hooping for, is this a
>> indication that is a general opinion that all the fixing effort should
>> be focused on qgis3 and not also on the next LTR?
> agreed, I'm also surprised (the list seems less reactive on several
> subjects lately), and thanks for your perseverance in tracking this
> important issue.

Would there be resources around to sponsor regular bugfixes instead of
only the ones before normal releases?
I think we should call on larger organizations to provide resources so
this can be taken care of. After all it's for organizations that LTR exists.

>>> it makes sense to me. how many do you think are important to fix?
>>> how many affect 2.18 only, not 3?
>>
>> during my cleanup a couple of weeks ago I clearly separated the
>> regressions affecting only master/qgis3 and the ones only affecting
>> 2.18.*. In the second case I tried to my best to also try clearly
>> separate the ones we know since more or less long time and the ones
>> that have appeared after 2.14.
>>
>> The following list is a sample of important things (to me) that have
>> regressed in 2.18 since 2.14:
>>
>> 16242 QGIS 2.18.4 saves always with absolute paths
>> 15961 Escaping out of Dialog causes QGIS to crash
>> 15803 2.18: Move Selection to Top not working in attribute table
>> 15976 Attribute table: rows are switching when adding attributes
>> 16302 Quick calculation bar causes QGIS crash when updating fields with aliases
>> 16186 Broken Processing/GRASS tools under Windows > this is a
>> packaging issue and not a Processing one
>> 15868 Frequent errors in DB Manager: `pyqtSignal must be bound to a
>> QObject, not 'PGVectorTable'`
>> 16295 DB Manager: error importing data into GPKG connections
>> 16296 Cannot use anymore d&d to import a layer from Spatialite in PostGIS
>> 16297 (macOS) layers imported into a Spatialite Database with DB
>> manager are not recognized as spatial tables
>> 15741 PostGIS issue when using 'Merge selected features' tool
>> (Geometry type does not match column type) > this is very bad as
>> causes data loss
>> 15974 Rows of the attribute table seem to be duplicated when saving
>> edits in a shapefile
Thanks for the list, Giovanni.
>> * the platform version is very old (2010), can we try upgrade it? If
>> someome provides me with a copy of the db I would give it a go on a
>> testbench
>> * remove all the projects others than "QGIS Application" from
>> http://hub.qgis.org/projects
> it makes sense, but in spipte of our efforts, many plugins still rely on
> this, and I do not think it's a good move just to shut them down

Do we have a plan for the signup process for redmine?
I think the decision to stick to redmine was made under the assumption
that one no longer needs to obtain a shared secret during this process.
>> * close all tickets that were last updated/commented more than... 2/3/4 years?
> not sure about this: if they still make sense, I'd prefer to keep them.
> e.g. the second oldest is still valid, and helps us remembering about a
> real issue:
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/167
> I understand keeping the list short is a major advantage, but removing
> issues like this is not an advantage for the project IMHO.
What about all that have been in "feedback" state for more than 1 year?
That should filter out issues like 167.

Matthias