[QGIS-Developer] Expression Functions: Where are they used in QGIS Desktop? Which ones won't work "outside"?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun May 7 12:51:57 PDT 2017

Hi Stefan,

Expressions also work in QGIS cloud (which is QGIS server based) - but
Python based expressions don't work in QGIS server.

I have to say, however, that the QGIS core expressions are already quite
powerful and I don't often have the need to create my own custom Python
based expressions. I just recently had to use them - but that is the
fist time after many years ;-)

What is your reason that you have to use Python based expression as
opposed to the core built-in expressions?

Andreas