[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] [Qgis-developer] Are there plans to create a unique "Add layer" tool?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:23:30 PDT 2017

On 11 May 2017 at 07:43, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 6:35 PM, Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Following what was discussed in Essen hackfest about the unified Add Layer tool (described in the end of this document), I'm happy to inform that Boundless decided to allocate resources to implement the Step 1.
>>
>> "Step 1: Add a tabbed view to the existing browser (vertical column in the following mockup). The default view is the basic browser. The remaining tabs open the existing dialog UIs embedded inside the browser window."
>>
>> As decided, we will have a PR in time for 3.0.

On this note - I've recently discovered the need for some type of
reusable layer selection widget which allows choice of existing
layers/loading new layers from the file system/loading new layers from
available db/online connections. This would be extremely valuable for
processing too!

So I'm really glad to hear that you'll be pushing ahead with this work
- thanks Boundless!

Nyall