[QGIS-Developer] Where can I find the Z-values?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 14:03:16 PDT 2017

On 31 October 2017 at 20:10, Casper Børgesen <caboe at sdfe.dk> wrote:

> I now see that it is format (driver?) dependent. I was looking at a file
> geodatabase but exporting it to SHAPE then I can see the “Closest vertex Z”
> under  derived.

This sounds odd to me - either the layer in QGIS has a Z value, or it
doesn't. Exporting to another format should not be adding z values
which QGIS could not read in other circumstances.

What do you get if you run:

[f.geometry().wkbType() for f in iface.activeLayer().getFeatures()][0]

in the Python console after selecting your geodatabase layer?

Nyall