[QGIS-Developer] Processing Split with lines algorithm broken

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 20:48:47 PST 2017

On 15 November 2017 at 00:33, matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> the algorithm Split with lines seems not working. No output error but
> both lines or polygons in output are not split. The same algorithm with
> the same data works in QGIS 2.18

I suspect it's working OK, but you're hitting a change in 3.0 where
the output of this algorithm is a multi-line, with the individual
split parts still forming a single feature. You need to run multiparts
to singleparts on it afterward.

....However....

This was a change I requested in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3798, since it seemed like a logical
move. Having used this algorithm extensively since (and also been
confused in thinking that the algorithm was broken!) I'm not convinced
this was the right move anymore, and think that we should probably
always output single-part features from this algorithm.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Nyall