[QGIS-Developer] Python error in processing on 2.99 startup

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 11:21:52 PST 2017

Hi Larry,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>
wrote:

> Hi Salvatore,
>
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Salvatore Larosa <lrssvtml at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> Its been a few days since I pulled from master - now I am getting the
>>> error below on startup. Does anyone else get it? (Building on MacOS here):
>>>
>>> Couldn't load plugin 'processing' due to an error when calling its
>>> initGui() method
>>>
>>> PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/Users/timlinux/dev/cpp/QGIS-QtCreator-Build/output/python/qgis/utils.py", line 345, in startPlugin
>>>     plugins[packageName].initGui()
>>>   File "/Users/timlinux/dev/cpp/QGIS-QtCreator-Build/output/python/plugins/processing/ProcessingPlugin.py", line 178, in initGui
>>>     self.toolbox = ProcessingToolbox()
>>>   File "/Users/timlinux/dev/cpp/QGIS-QtCreator-Build/output/python/plugins/processing/gui/ProcessingToolbox.py", line 93, in __init__
>>>     self.fillTree()
>>>   File "/Users/timlinux/dev/cpp/QGIS-QtCreator-Build/output/python/plugins/processing/gui/ProcessingToolbox.py", line 317, in fillTree
>>>     self.fillTreeUsingProviders()
>>>   File "/Users/timlinux/dev/cpp/QGIS-QtCreator-Build/output/python/plugins/processing/gui/ProcessingToolbox.py", line 382, in fillTreeUsingProviders
>>>     providerItem = TreeProviderItem(provider, self.algorithmTree, self)
>>>   File "/Users/timlinux/dev/cpp/QGIS-QtCreator-Build/output/python/plugins/processing/gui/ProcessingToolbox.py", line 513, in __init__
>>>     self.setToolTip(0, self.provider.longName())
>>>   File "/Users/timlinux/dev/cpp/QGIS-QtCreator-Build/output/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/Grass7AlgorithmProvider.py", line 122, in longName
>>>     version = Grass7Utils.installedVersion()
>>>   File "/Users/timlinux/dev/cpp/QGIS-QtCreator-Build/output/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/Grass7Utils.py", line 113, in installedVersion
>>>     startupinfo=si if isWindows() else None
>>>   File "/usr/local/opt/python3/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 707, in __init__
>>>     restore_signals, start_new_session)
>>>   File "/usr/local/opt/python3/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 1333, in _execute_child
>>>     raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg)
>>> PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
>>>

>> building the latest master on OSX (10.11.6) and I do not see any error on
>> startup.
>>

> You may not see any error if you do not have the 'GRASS7 folder' path set,
> or auto-detection of that path fails, which will lead to not loading the
> GRASS7 Processing provider.
>
> Is that GRASS7 Processing provider showing up and working for you?
>
> If so, what GRASS7 install is it using?

I have GRASS7 folder path set to /Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS
and I can see GRASS7 algs list in processing toolbox.
The only problem is that the execution of any algorithm does not generate
any output. No error is prompted.

Also, I just saw this issue https://issues.qgis.org/issues/17555 but I
cannot confirm it on my machine.

Regards,