[QGIS-Developer] Future of OSM integration

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 05:31:57 PDT 2017

> I was a pretty heavy user of this feature/plugin until a few months ago when
> it stopped working under master. I moved to loading OSM through the OGR
> provider (customized via osmconf.ini) and never looked back. I would love
> for QGIS to regain some sort of native OSM data import, maybe through
> processing, but ATM it seems the best path forward is to get rid of it.

That's IMHO not a bad strategy for QGIS.

:Stefan

P.S. Just in case  - and another shameless plug (besides Vector Tiles
Reader): There exists the HOT Export Tool (https://export.hotosm.org/)
and my OSMaxx tool (https://osmaxx.hsr.ch/) to export arbitrary
regions in "normalized" GIS formats (including aka hstore attribute
"tag"), like GeoPackage.