[QGIS-Developer] Reword "Trusted Plugin" --> "Trusted Plugin Author"?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 16:04:05 PDT 2017

Hey Tom,

In my opinion you're a highly valued member of the QGIS community, so
I'm very keen to follow through on these points you've raised. Chances
are if YOU are feeling this way, there's likely many others who do too
but just wouldn't feel comfortable speaking up about it.

I'll leave aside the discussion about the plugin ecosystem, but I'd
like to discuss:

On 8 September 2017 at 21:29, Tom Chadwin <tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk> wrote:
> possibly
> reinforces the (otherwise seldom apparent) clique nature of devs in general
> and the QGIS core devs in particular...

To begin: there's obviously no secret agenda or deliberate 'inner
circle' here, so any closed nature of the community has been an
accidental organic process vs a deliberate decision. I'm not going to
defend anything here, because the mere fact that you've brought up
this point is a clear indication that there IS an issue here, and
something we should discuss openly and try to improve!

So, if you feel comfortable doing this, can you (or any others who
have also felt this way) give some pointers on how we can 'break' this
and becoming a more welcoming community?

Nyall