[QGIS-Developer] QGIS/OGR: FeatureIds reassigned on write to data provider?

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 09:30:50 PDT 2017

On 11.07.2017 14:31, Even Rouault wrote:

> We could potentially imagine to defer the repacking at
> leaveUpdateMode() time, actually in the close() method which is called
> when the reference counter of the update mode drops to zero (*),
> instead of doing it at the end of each operation.

To come back to this, I was looking at moving replack() to close(), but
noticed that syncToDisc() has the logic "for shapefiles, remove spatial
index files and create a new index" which calls close. And syncToDisk is
still called after every change. So should syncToDisk be also moved to
close(), or at least blocked if an updateMode is active?

Thanks
Sandro