[QGIS-Developer] Generic use of QgsLocator and friends?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Sep 22 08:13:36 PDT 2017

Hi Devs,

I've been playing a little with the QgsLocatorWidget and friends (in
Python).

Hoping to be able to use this for a geocoder I have to reimplement.
And also hoping it could be used as a generic geocoder interface, see an
earlier QEP:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/64

I've not been able to get results yet, though I am able to create the
widget in a toolbar, and see that name and displayname of my Filter are
called....

So Question:
- is the QgsLocatorWidget re-usable, or is it a singleton
- is it a good idea to make it a reusable component for geocoder(s0?
- is it possible to make the results go down instead of up (as I think
these geocoders should be somewhere in the toolbars)

Any input appreciated,

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde