[QGIS-Developer] [SAGA] Raster values to points

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Mon Sep 25 13:21:11 PDT 2017

Am 25.09.2017 um 13:00 schrieb Giovanni Manghi:
>> Hi all,
>> updating from 2.18.11 to .13 the ‘Raster values to points’ disappeared to be substituted by  ‘Raster values to points (randomly)’. The same operation can be done with ‘v.what.rast.points’ but, even if well explained in some blogs, it turns to be pretty less user-friendly than the previous.
>> Is there a particular reason to this change?
>
>  ‘Raster values to points (randomly)’ should be new in saga ltr and we
> still have a description file for ‘Raster values to points’ but the
> tool does not show in the toolbox. I will try to see if I sport what
> is wrong with that.
>
> cheers!
>
> -- G --

Just as an additional info.
In newer versions of SAGA GIS, e.g. 5.0.0, there are both tools, see No.
3 and 4:

#saga_cmd shapes_grid
____________________________

   #####   ##   #####    ##
  ###     ###  ##       ###
   ###   # ## ##  #### # ##
    ### ##### ##    # #####
 ##### #   ##  ##### #   ##
____________________________

SAGA Version: 5.0.0

Library:	Grid Tools
Category:	Shapes
File:	/usr/local/lib/saga/libshapes_grid.so

Tools:
 0	Add Grid Values to Points
 1	Add Grid Values to Shapes
 2	Grid Statistics for Polygons
 3	Grid Values to Points
 4	Grid Values to Points (randomly)
 5	Contour Lines from Grid
 6	Vectorising Grid Classes
 7	Clip Grid with Polygon
 8	Grid Statistics for Points
 9	Local Minima and Maxima
 10	Grid System Extent
 11	Clip Grid with Rectangle
 15	Gradient Vectors from Surface
 16	Gradient Vectors from Direction and Length
 17	Gradient Vectors from Directional Components
 18	Grid Classes Area for Polygons