[QGIS-Developer] QGIS-Server on Windows with IIS - missing methods in dlls

Stefan Steiger Steiger at cor-management.ch
Fri Sep 29 07:56:04 PDT 2017

Hi,

I've got a question regarding QGIS 2.18.10
I need QGIS to display maps on a website.

I tried on Ubuntu, and got the fastcgi to work more or less, in the little time that I had - thus far missing the PHP front-end.
Now, our admin doesn't want a Linux-machine around, and I can't convince him otherwise.
So I need to get QGIS to work on Windows, completely, including with IIS and not Apache.

I tried the OSGeo4W installer, both 32&64 Bit, on my Windows-10 machine.
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/osgeo4w-setup-x86.exe
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/osgeo4w-setup-x86_64.exe

Running the installer, I got the following errors:

The procedure entry point jpeg_abort could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\OSGEO4~1\bin\gdal202.dll
The procedure entry point xmlSchemaNewDocParserCtxt could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\OSGEO4~1\bin\spatialite.dll
Package qgis-common exit code -1073741511
package qgis-ltr-common exit code -1073741515

In other words, I didn't even get to the point to where I could worry about integrating QGIS into IIS, because qgis-server doesn't work in the first-place.

Now the question:
Does qgis-server at present run under Windows (10) at all ?  (QGIS-Desktop works fine - but this is of no use to me).
If yes, I saw different options as mapserver.
What is actually the recommended way to run QGIS maps on the web on Windows ?
Because no matter what I tried to install on this so-called osgeo4w-installer, it ended in fatal error messages, always indicating that some methods in some dlls are missing...
Did the one uploading the installer actually ever run the Windows-binaries before putting them up there ?

Kind regards

Stefan

[cid:image001.png at 01D33941.D30ABC70]

[cid:image002.png at 01D33941.D30ABC70]