[QGIS-Developer] R provider for QGIS 3 - any interest?

Howard Frederick simbamangu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 22:21:37 PDT 2018

Hi all -

QGIS 3 is pretty magical* but I miss the R provider! We have a bunch of R scripts for our flightplanning and mapmaking wildlife work that were super handy and will be sorely missed.

I don’t have the Python skills to port the 2.18 plugin to 3.0 (yet!) but would be interested in (a) trying to get some crowdfunding going and (b) helping to coordinate an effort to get the R provider going again.

… that is, IF there is enough interest! Please respond here or ping me privately and we’ll see how much of a community we have.

Cheers -

Howard Frederick

Conservation biologist / Wildlife survey
www.underdiverwaterman.com <http://www.underdiverwaterman.com/>

*HUGE thanks to everyone making this possible, not least of which to William Kyngesburye for making the Mac installers available.