[QGIS-Developer] Strange style rendering GEOS errors... can you confirm?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 20:00:33 PDT 2018

On 24 April 2018 at 21:06, Luigi Pirelli <luipir at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi a colleague passed me a gpkg with a style that introduce GEOS exceptions
> during rendering... what? geos errors for a style?

That's not unheard of - e.g. a line layer rendered using a simple line
style with an offset applied is using GEOS to offset the lines. A lot
of other symbology settings also call out to QgsGeometry methods which
use GEOS under the hood.

Is this causing an actual error, or just spamming the log?

Nyall