[QGIS-Developer] Broken 'randomness' for new layer styles?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Feb 3 00:54:47 PST 2018

Hi Nyyall,

Il 03/02/2018 04:17, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

> How's this sound? I'd love to address this for 3.0 - our default
> random color selection often picks yuck colors, and I think it'd be
> great if 3.0 "magically" produced nicer looking maps for users without
> any work required by them!

agreed, this would be a very good improvement. Of course choice of the
palette will be important for a good user experience. Do you have
something in mind? I see there are a number of things on the net.
As a side note, I rememebr very long ago someone proposed to extract
significantly different colours (I think there is already sw doing this)
from famous paintings and convert them into palettes. Especially
expressionists and renaissance gave beautiful results.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu