[QGIS-Developer] Saving New Map View(s)

A Huarte ahuarte47 at yahoo.es
Sat Feb 3 01:34:14 PST 2018

Hi, in this experimental QEP [1] QGIS saves all map views to project file. It saves the full window state of the application. But there is an issue with this [2], Qt does not provide a method similar to restoreDockWidget() [3] to restore as better as possible the state of a specific widget (a widget with a map) without change the full window state of the application. Therefore, the loading of a project with non-floating maps may cause that windows previously closed appear, or visible windows disappear.
I hope this helps to decide best solution.

RegardsAlvaro
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3465[2https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/70[3http://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-5.8/qmainwindow.html#restoreDockWidget