[QGIS-Developer] Upcoming PROJ 5.0.0 release

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Mon Feb 19 11:21:48 PST 2018

Jürgen was quick to update the OSGeo4W packages and I have now confirmed myself that on the surface everything seems to function as expected. So thanks to Jürgen for updating the packages so quickly!

One minor thing I discovered was that the "About QGIS” dialog lists the version number as 4.9.3 instead of 5.0.0. Additionally it says “PROJ.4 Version”, which in the future should instead simply be “PROJ Version” as per the release notes for the upcoming release [0]. I haven’t looked into how the text in the dialog is added, but in case it is hard-coded the PROJ version number is defined as PJ_VERSION in proj_api.h, or can be retrieved with the proj_info() function in the new proj.h API.

/Kristian

[0] https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/NEWS