[QGIS-Developer] Data defined @symbol_color outlines

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Wed Feb 21 07:31:37 PST 2018

Hi List

This issue (https://issues.qgis.org/issues/15132) refers to using the @symbol_color function to make the outline of graduated/categorised features the same colour as the fill.  There is a fix by Nyall from over a year ago but I wonder if there has been a regression?

I am using both the latest 2.99 master and 2.18.16 64-bit versions on Windows 7 and if I render a polygon layer using the categorised or graduated renderer and set the outline colour using @symbol_color then the legend doesn't reflect the style shown on the map. The features are rendered correctly (I like using "darker(@symbol_color,150)") on the map canvas and the print composer but the legend in the table of contents and on the composer layout show the default outline colour.

The only way I can get the legend to update is to set the outline/stroke colour to the fill colour for each category and then make it slightly darker - not too much of a hassle if there are a few but a hassle if there are more than that.

Can anyone else confirm this?  And has there been a regression or was the fix for something slightly different?

Thanks in advance

Ross

Ross McDonald | GIS Data Coordinator | Angus Council, People, IT | Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Sylvie Way, Forfar DD8 1AT | t: 01307 476419

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons. Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.