[QGIS-Developer] Is the apps\qgis folder cleared before installing a new QGIS version in osgeo4w?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Feb 28 05:56:41 PST 2018

Hi Nyall,

On Wed, 28. Feb 2018 at 09:17:43 +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> Hi all, (but specifically Jürgen!)
>
> I'm wondering if the existing content of the apps\qgis folder is
> removed before a new QGIS version is install via osgeo4w?

The files installed by the previous package are removed and the
package preremove script is run.

> This report leads me to believe I'm not seeing an isolated issue:
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/272679/gdaltools-core-plugin-missing-metadata-file/272682#272682

> Does osgeo4w have support for preinstall scripts which we could use to
> wipe the python/plugins folder prior to an install?

postinstall,  see ms-windows/osgeo4w/postinstall-desktop.bat, which removes old
pyc.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827