[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3.0 Soft Feature Freeze

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 02:16:52 PST 2018

On 2 January 2018 at 19:54, Mathieu Pellerin <nirvn.asia at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 to set a release date for the last week of January. That'll give us 2 weeks of freeze period (assuming the vote turns out not to extend the soft freeze) which can be used to focus on fixes only. The soft freeze period saw a nice set of fixes too, which was nice.

I'm in favour of hard freezing this time (assuming we can get those
last couple of PRs reviewed quickly and merged).

But I'm against setting a hard deadline for the final release yet.
That said truth is that IMO 3.0 still feels very buggy, and there's
lots of open high priority regressions against it. I think we've got
two options:

1. Move to a regular "are we ready for final release?" vote

or

2. Just decide that 3.0.0 will have bugs, and that we should "release
early, release often" and hope that we stabilise things quickly for
3.0.1/3.0.2/...

Nyall