[QGIS-Developer] Better updating for QGIS3?

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jan 3 06:14:44 PST 2018

Hi Andreas,

it's true for QGIS. I'm not talking about additional packages (
like GDAL and others).

http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86_64/release/qgis/qgis-dev/
As you can see, each build has 60 MB.

Equal to
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86_64/release/qgis/qgis-rel-dev/
Each build is about 65 MB.

So ten seperate bugfixes aka 10 new builds will result in 650 MB rx.

Please do not forget that QGIS is also used in emerging markets
where the network infrastructure is not as optimal as in Western
countries.

Best regards,
Tobias