[QGIS-Developer] UbuntuGIS builds of QGIS

Jeremy Palmer palmerjnz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 11:48:42 PST 2018

Hi Jürgen,

> Because that's what the GDAL package provides.  But why is that a problem?

I think in theory the GDAL packages could have a patch release (e.g 2.2.2->
2.2.3), but that upgrade wouldn't be allowed as it would break the QGIS
packages hard dependency. If the GDAL c++ API is stable going forward and
Bas/Debian maintainer do change the ABI package to align with the minor
point releases then the problem would be gone I think.

Cheers
Jeremy