[QGIS-Developer] Where do we sit with respect to release?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 18:27:00 PST 2018

Hi all,

Just looking for some clarification re freeze/release.

My understanding is that the last loomio "extend freeze" vote was
blocked, and that all the freeze exempted PRs are now merged (I
consider https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/5913 is a bug fix, not a
feature).

This would hint that me that we are now in hard freeze, but I'm not
sure how that relates to the voting occuring in
https://www.loomio.org/d/38Aiya0q/3-0-soft-freeze-exemptions?utm_campaign=missed_yesterday&utm_medium=email&utm_source=user_mailer
to grant exemptions to 3 more PRs.

Just for clarification, is this a correct summary of the freeze situation?
- hard freeze is coming
- those 3 PRs may be merged, if the voting for each passes
- after the voting period expires we enter hard freeze regardless

And following hard freeze, did we agree to a month of bug fixing
before release? Or 2 weeks?

Nyall