[QGIS-Developer] postgis connection to server instead of individual databases?

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Sat Jan 27 01:05:34 PST 2018

Dear developers,

Today I suddenly wondered: Why can pgAdmin have a connection to a
database *server* and automatically list all databases that are present
while in QGIS I need to create a new connection for every individual
postgresql/postgis database?

It would be very handy if QGIS could remember, for example, my
localhost-postgres:postgres connection and update the available
databases for me.

Would that be possible? (Or is it but am I doing something wrong here?)

Kind regards,
Raymond