[QGIS-Developer] Example script for Processing in QGIS 3

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Mon Jan 29 00:55:40 PST 2018

I've decided to go the algorithm provider plugin route for my scripts:
https://anitagraser.com/2018/01/28/porting-processing-scripts-to-qgis3/

But I'm also thinking of my students whom I want to show how to write tools
for QGIS. For many of them, it's their first contact with Python, so
starting a provider plugin is well out of their comfort zone. On the other
hand, the scripts are not very pythonic. Many beginners already had issues
with the QGIS2 version of scripts. I think, they would have an easier time
if they would only have to implement a QgsProcessingAlgorithm with the rest
of the provider plugin complexity hidden from their sight. If that's
possible.

Regards,
Anita