[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Bringing back a *highly curated* blocker tag on redmine?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Jan 30 02:06:42 PST 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 09:09:52AM +0000, Giovanni Manghi wrote:

> Examples of what, in my opinion, should be a always a real blocker:
>
> * a regression that causes data corruption (like the one that caused
> to compute wrong area in several 2.* releases)
> * a regression that causes qgis to crash (and it wasn't the case in
> previous releases)

I think _every_ regression should be marked as a blocker.
Finding out that something broke on upgrade is a very frustrating
experience for users (us included). If such degradation was known
in advance (was in the bug tracker) it suggests release managers
did not care about such announced frustrating experience.

--strk;