[QGIS-Developer] Updating qgis:rastercalculator to work better in models

Rudi von Staden rudivs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 05:49:13 PDT 2018

On Tue, 03 Jul 2018 at 12:03, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Handling these three situations would improve the situation, but it's
> > still a bit clunky (and complicated for users to understand). Another
> > option would be to forego the source() names altogether, and use an a,
> > b, c notation like many of the other raster calculators do.
>
> I personally think this may be the best available approach, which
> doesn't require complex changes to the raster expression engine.

Is there a way to access the list of selected reference layers from within
the `ExpressionWidgetWrapper`? I haven't found any way to do this yet, and
if the list of layers in the widget is different from the layers that gets
passed to `QgsRasterCalculator` (like if new parameters or algorithms get
added to the model) it could lead to strange errors and user confusion. It
might then be best to return `QLineEdit` for the modeler view, like it
already is for `DIALOG_BATCH`?

Rudi