[QGIS-Developer] Rectangles-Ovals-Digitizing plugin deprecated

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jun 5 05:17:41 PDT 2018

On 05-06-18 14:06, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> On 06/05/2018 02:01 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> On 05-06-18 13:51, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>
>> But we should also not keep old, troubling plugins in the repo list IF
>> there are better newer alternatives available.
>> In this case, try:
>>
>> http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/shapetools/
>>
>> which can even create heart shapes :-)
>
> That's the information I was missing, if this one is in good shape and
> can even create hearts, it's just a matter of spreading the word.
>
> Could there be a link to newer plugins on deprecated ones (where
> applicable)?

Just a note that setting this flag, does not make them uninstallable.

In the Plugins/Settings you can check 'Show also deprecated plugins' and
you can see and install them..

About linking to newer plugins:
- currently using the flag uses will not see this 'notion' of an
alternative plugin
- we could update the plugin manager maybe? So it always shows the
deprecated ones by default?
- I added some text to the 'description' and 'about' field, but am not
sure if it is feasible to do this: which alternative(s) to choose, how
to keep those fields updated etc...

But we'll see.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde