[QGIS-Developer] 2.18 and 3.x Fix regression in Legend Composer : PR 7260

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 06:24:41 PDT 2018

Hi Dev,

I have proposed to fix a regression in Legend Composer for release-2_18
and in release-3_x. This feature is probaby not well known by QGIS devs
and users because it has never been documented.

In QGIS 2.0, I have introduced the capability to use the layer's title
as the default layer legend name. This feature has been introduced to do
not have to rename manually all the legend layers item in composer eahc
time a legend is added in a composer or the layer is added.

As a QGIS user, when I load layers in my project, from Shapefiles, Gpkg
or PostgreSQL, I do not rename them in the layer panel (the "legend")
because I like to see the real source name. For example I keep
"main_roads" instead of renaming to "Main roads". In this context, I
like to use the metadata "title" property as a replacement. Inside the
composer, I would like to have the titles used, because my exported PDF
is for my colleague and not me.

So do you think, this regression has to befixed or not ?
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7260

Regards,
René-Luc