[QGIS-Developer] Looking for my right and my left

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 03:55:20 PDT 2018

Hi,

I've raised the question [0] but I did get no answer two weeks later so
making a wider call

Select a polyline layer and toggle it to edit
Draw a polyline
Configure the snapping options
Enable the tracing tool and add a positive value in the offset option box
Draw a new line following the one previously made

According to all the sources I find (PR, .h file): """ *Offset value can be
either positive (right side) or negative (left side)*."""

Is the line being drawn at the right or the left? Right or left of what,
btw?
In my conception, it's drawn on the left, considering the direction i'm
moving the mouse.
Am I wrong? Am I mistaking my left and my right or is it in the source doc
that the error lies?

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues/2155

Thanks for any input.

Regards,