[QGIS-Developer] Pull requests, reviews, beginner questions

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 02:56:04 PST 2018

Hi,

I made a small PR yesterday - and accidentally added another small fix
to it today. The PR is at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/6556

The first change in the PR is a fix to translation (a string is changed
before it is sent to tr) and the second change fixes a missing default
to gdaldem color-relief processing (I suspect many more fixes like this
needed to other gdal processing tools, see my old PR 4220)

I'm not very familiar with PRs, especially in a large project like QGIS.
It seems to me that I should specifically ask the original authors of
those sources I'm fixing to review the PR? And should I assume they will
merge the PRs? The travis CI build seems to have failed checking my PR -
but most likely the reason is not my PR but something else - how to check?

Lastly, these changes are very small, is PR the correct way to submit them?

Best,

Ari