[QGIS-Developer] idea: show profile name in Window title?

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Thu Mar 8 14:37:52 PST 2018

Dnia czwartek, 8 marca 2018 21:36:14 CET Richard Duivenvoorde pisze:
> Now that we have 'the little asterisk' in the Window title to indicate a
> non-saved project.
>
> I was wondering if it would be an idea to show the 'Profile' name also
> in the title, like
>
> *projecttitle - QGIS 3.0 [ default ]
> or
> projecttitle - QGIS 3.0 / default
> or
> projecttitle - QGIS 3.0 - proxied
>
> Context: I have a profile for a client with a special proxy setting so I
> normally work in default but sometimes use the 'proxied' one.
>
> Upon normal startup I always have to check via menu which profile I have
> opened now...
>
> Anybody else see this as a good idea?
> Or is it to much ui clutter?

What about adding the profile name only if not default? This way we don't clutter the title
for the 95% of users that only use the default profile :) Otherwise, I'd like to see a 'default
profile' (translatable) string rather than the raw 'default' profile name.

Btw. shouldn't be the 'default' profile (and directory) name translatable as well?

Also big +1 for the "Untitled" label.

Regards,

Borys