[QGIS-Developer] How to disable authentication disabled in messagebar

Rashad Kanavath rashad.kanavath at c-s.fr
Fri Mar 9 02:27:42 PST 2018

Hello,

How can I disable authentication from qgis during build or runtime?
Whe opening settings -> options -> authentication, I have below message

"Authentication system is DISABLED:
QCA's OpenSSL plugin (qca-openssl) is missing.
"
I also have an "critical" message in messagbar every time qgis is
started. It's a bit of annoying.
I don't have strong preference of setting authentication/security on
my qgis installation. So I would prefer to disable this feature in build.

"Messages[2] Authentication System : DISABLED. Resources authenticating via the system can not be accessed"

If one doesn't have qca-openssl or whatever is required to enable
authentication then is nice to have no such error messages. In this
case, qgis is trying to activate feature where user does not have
required dependencies. And user is well aware of it during configure
step

I get below message during cmake configure.:
"
-- QtCore/QCA include/lib variables missing or CMake is cross-compiling,
-- skipping QCA OpenSSL plugin C++ check
"

--
Take care,
Rashad