[QGIS-Developer] proj5 and epsg:3857 ?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Mar 9 04:38:40 PST 2018

Thanks Kristian.

This experience shows us how today in the world of mapping "services"
(remote mapping engines like QGIS, MapServer, PostGIS, GRASS GIS,..)
rely on this unfortunate projection (thanks Google ha), where end-users
of the services really have no access to the remote server's PROJ
settings.  It feels like I have been battling this projection for 15
years now ha.  -jeff