[QGIS-Developer] Future of OSM integration

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 02:36:19 PDT 2018

Hi,

Following this discussion, the "Vector --> OpenStreetMap" feature has been
removed from QGIS3 [0].
Issue is that in the Training manual, it's the first tool used to help
users download data to work with [1] (and also used in other places). This
situation renders some exercises obsolete.
Question (to trainers?): what would then be the appropriate replacement
tool, here, in the *Training manual*?

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/5354
[1]
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/foreword/preparing_data.html#hard-ty