[QGIS-Developer] Add "QGIS3 compatible" link to plugins repo on the web

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Mar 16 04:30:24 PDT 2018

On 16-03-18 12:21, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> Hello all
>
> There are quite a lot of questions, comments, and opinions expressed online
> about the availability of plugins in QGIS3. How easy would it be to add
> another plugins filter link to the menu on http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/
> (the one with My plugins, Featured, All, Stable, Fresh, Experimental, etc)
> which only shows plugins with minversion <= 2.99 and maxversion >=2.99?
>
> This would allow people to check plugin availability easily without
> upgrading to QGIS3 on spec.

Hi Tom,

good idea, we could (where now is 'All plugins') maybe add:
- '3.x' plugins
- '2.x' plugins

then pointing to https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/?qgis=3
and https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/?qgis=2

I reckon for a Django guru it should be not so difficult?
FYI: current plugin site is a django website:
https://github.com/qgis/qgis-django

Any takers?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde