[QGIS-Developer] Custom widgets and Qt Designer 4 and 5

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Mar 20 03:46:16 PDT 2018

Hi matteo,

FYI, if you compile QGIS yourself anyway you don't need to compile it
against a custom GDAL version, you can also take the system one.

The error message you were seeing was only because the one you tried to
install (something ubuntugis I assume) was linked against a newer
version of gdal.

But you can of course also use the ones compiled against gdal 2.2.3, the
widgets won't look any newer though ;)

Cheers

Matthias