[QGIS-Developer] Including compiled code in plugins

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:15:46 PDT 2018

On 8 May 2018 at 15:59, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> a plugin[0], quite interesting, contains compiled+src C code[1]. We
> generally avoid this, so the question is: what can we suggest to the author?
> All the best, and thanks.

Looks like a great plugin - at least if the sample results are
anything to go by!

I've had a quick look over the code and there's nothing too scary
there. I'd suggest that we could approach the author of the plugin and
see if they are interested in submitting the code to the master
branch, so that the code is compiled alongside qgis. This way the
binary won't be an issue, and the algorithm will become available
out-of-the-box. Seems like a win all round to me.

Nyall