[QGIS-Developer] Thoughts on using processing models for ETL tasks

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon May 28 04:59:14 PDT 2018

Hi John,
Thanks for sharing your feedback.

I must say I agree with your points, and have some others concerning
database i/o options or a graphical version of refactor field alg.

All this would very nice fit into a QEP so that we can centralize thoughts
and requirements in a more collaborative way than redmine issues.

We should even go a bit further and lead a dedicated group of interest -
like the one Tim is leading for metadata.

However, this is a big task and we'll need a way to leverage ressources,
time and money for leading this.

Regards

Régis