[QGIS-Developer] Woohoo! Interactive Travis debugging

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:14:00 PDT 2018

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 at 09:19, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 at 19:18, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
>

> > #! /usr/bin/env bash
> >   curl -s -X POST \
> >    -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
> >    -H "Accept: application/json" \
> >    -H "Travis-API-Version: 3" \
> >    -H "Authorization: token <TOKEN>" \
> >    -d '{ "quiet": true }' \
> >    https://api.travis-ci.org/job/<JOB_ID>/debug
> >

> Just a follow up here. Turns out the default configuration (shown
> above) is limited to a 30 minute timeout, which isn't enough to get
> all the dependencies installed and QGIS built, let alone leaving time
> for debugging ;)
>
> After some discussion with Travis staff (who have been fantastic, I've
> got to say!), there's a workaround. By changing "quiet": true to
> "quiet": false, the interactive session is subject to the normal 90(+)
> minute timeout. The side effect is that all the commands entered are
> visible to anyone looking at the Travis log, so be careful not to do
> this with any sensitive information.

A followup to my followup: Travis staff made changes based on our
feedback and now the interactive build timeout matches the normal
build, so it's possible to run in quiet mode and still get the full
timeout.

I know in past there's been frustration directed to the Travis CI
infrastructure when things fail, but full credit to them-- every time
one of us has asked something of them, they've been super receptive
and accommodating to our needs. Pretty damn decent service consider
how much we (don't) pay them!

Nyall