[QGIS-Developer] Issues with QGIS 3 rotate tool

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:25:08 PDT 2018

If I try to rotate an EPSG:4326 vector object, I get the nice outline while
rotating, but when I click to complete it, the shape is badly misshapen

If am guessing it is because of being in 4326, but the problem is what you
see while rotating is not what you get as the final result. If I do the
same with something like a UTM projection then it works correctly.

What is the intended operation of the tool? It shouldn't show one thing
while rotating and then deliver a different result. I am guessing that the
move tool may also be distorting shapes, but I have not really looked at it.

Do I need to write a geodesic move and rotate tool as part of the Shape
Tools plugin?

Thanks,

Calvin