[QGIS-Developer] Unable to get QGIS interface in another laguage than the system's - broken feature?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Sep 19 02:25:38 PDT 2018

Hi Alessandro,

On Wed, 19. Sep 2018 at 10:46:05 +0200, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> See https://issues.qgis.org/issues/19879

> I didn't have time yet to look into it but I've been able to reproduce on
> Windows, it looks more like a CMake/installation issue, maybe Juergen would
> be the best candidate for a quick fix.

Um, I started, but rolled back my work once I noticed that you already assigned
it to you - and just linked #19853 with which's fix I probably introduced the
problem.

The problem was that the translation was initialized too late and now it's
probably an issue with the two QgsSettings (settings & mySettings) in main.cpp
("Should be cleaned up in future to make this cleaner." - I agree ;))…

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31