[QGIS-Developer] form font barely readable

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Sep 28 03:53:03 PDT 2018

On 09/28/2018 10:49 AM, Matthias Kuhn wrote:

> Have a look here, that's the default behavior with setEnabled, where the
> actual modification of the widget is done:
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/editorwidgets/core/qgseditorwidgetwrapper.cpp#L65

Ok, I actually did fiddle here a little:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/editorwidgets/qgstexteditwrapper.cpp#L140

There we set a 'Disabled'-Palette on the text.
If I comment that line you get the top dialog as seen in attached
'defaultPalette2.png'.
So: a 'normal' line-edit... which could make a user try to edit it...
Though (see the bottom dialog in the same image) we have more
differences now since we use the wrappers: we show a 'clear-button' in
the lineEdit if we are editable now).

I also tried to remove the frame (see topNoFrame_bottomCurrent2.png) here:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/editorwidgets/qgstexteditwrapper.cpp#L198
In the image to me it looks a little 'naked'.
For reference in the same image the bottom dialog is current situation;
in my view badly readable....

To me it is actually ok to use the normal palette, I do not like the
view of a lineedit withouth frame I think.

So what do others think?

Regards,

Richard