[QGIS-Developer] Linux users: wanna flatpak?

Daniele ViganĂ² daniele at vigano.me
Sun Sep 30 02:39:04 PDT 2018

Thanks Aleix and the other devs for the excellent work!

I confirm that it's working well, at least on my Fedora 28 and 29beta.

I had only issues with plugins that are requiring extra Python dependencies
which are not available in the flatpak image (like scipy and matplotlib).
I was able to find a workaround which is to extract the corresponding
python wheels (for the proper python version, cp35) in the python folder
under the application user storage (which is located under $HOME/.var/);
that path is already part of sys.path.

There's any better way to address that?

Cheers,
Daniele