[QGIS-Developer] Looking for tips to avoid unnecessary configuration reset when building QGIS

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 22:37:45 PDT 2019

Hi devs,
I'm facing a recurrent issue with the process of building QGIS and I'd like
to get feedback/advice from you.

I checkout and build master branch
Whenever I modify files I can run the build command and it applies rather
quickly. only the diff is taken.
Now that I'm satisfied with my changes, I create a new branch, commit the
changes and push to github
Locally, I checkout back my master branch (so back to the original HEAD -
no pull from upstream!)
I do new changes (for another fix)

*Issue*: If I run the build command, it looks like it reads again the
configuration file and instead of building only the diff, it builds all,
taking too much time. Like if I hadn't already built QGIS.

So, how do you avoid this unnecessary waste of time?

Thanks for any advice.
Harrissou