[QGIS-Developer] QGIS & PROJ 6 & SAGA

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Dec 1 12:11:25 PST 2019

William,

> I must then build and include both PROJ 6 and PROJ.4 in the QGIS package.

Caution...

> There is no option to build SAGA without PROJ, but I could hack the
> makefiles to skip it.  Or I could build it with the old PROJ and just not
> include those modules in the QGIS package.

>From https://packages.debian.org/sid/saga , I see that SAGA has a dependency
to both GDAL and PROJ. If your GDAL is a GDAL 3, it must be built against PROJ
6. If you build SAGA against GDAL 3 and PROJ 4 or 5, then SAGA will
effectively link against 2 different PROJ versions. This is a perfect recipee
for potential runtime crashes in SAGA depending on how lucky/unlucky you are
regarding the order into which libraries and symbols are loaded and resolved.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com