[QGIS-Developer] Processing: questions on temporary files

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Dec 6 05:07:00 PST 2019

On 06/12/2019 07.58, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> On 12/6/19 7:52 AM, Alexander Bruy wrote:
>> пт, 6 груд. 2019 о 08:44 Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> пише:
>>> Meanwhile, why not use a well known spatial data file format?
>> I can be wrong, but using spatial data formats can be lossy in some
>> cases,
>> e.g. shapefile/dbf has limits for the field name length and field
>> length. Some
>> other formats may lack support for some datatypes, like datetime etc.
>>
>> Of course is there is a format which allow fast and lossless storage
>> we should
>> use it
>
> I think GeoPackage should be fairly stable for this kind of usage.

Well, yes, may be, but given I've seen some issue (locks/crashes etc
etc) with GeoPackages, and myself having issue with true
DateTime/TimeZones's in it... I thought to propose an alternative :-)

My impression is that the community is experiencing some drawbacks with
GeoPackage/SQLite, but maybe I'm wrong.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde