[QGIS-Developer] What to do about GDAL and PROJ for 3.10.2?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Dec 19 06:47:39 PST 2019

On jeudi 19 décembre 2019 13:09:38 CET Even Rouault wrote:
> > Any news from GDAL team?
>
> I was floating the idea of having a GDAL 3.0.3 release somewhere in January,
> but that's dependent on a volunteer taking on that. Someone was willing to
> give his first try at releasing GDAL, but I'm not sure if he's still
> available, and if that can be done before Jan 17th. I'll check back.

OK so the volunteer is still on. We'll try to begin the release procedure
earlier than usual, so he has time to warm up to the exercise. Hopefully we
should have a 3.0.3 release officially approved for Jan 17th (but no guarantee
as stated in the license text :-))

In the meantime would be good if people could confirm that
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/tree/release/3.0  is in good shape for QGIS
needs (I believe I've backported all the needed fixes, but wouln't hurt to get
some confirmation)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com