[QGIS-Developer] Jupyter Console Plugin for QGIS?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:35:56 PST 2019

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 at 06:03, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> this is actually a very good idea, I've started something similar a few years ago, but its scope was limited to embedding the IPython console inside QGIS, the plugin is available here: https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/IPyConsole/
>
> It is based on QtConsole.
>
> Perhaps it could be a starting point, IIRC Luigi also explored this possibility while we were working together in Boundless.

Thinking out-loud, but it would be nice if we had some way to abstract
consoles and have some common interface for them.

Beside the current python console and some 3rd party plugins like the
IPython console, I would very much like to see an embedded "terminal"
console and interactive R console...

Super bonus points if I can access these via a Quake style ~ shortcut ;)

Nyall