[QGIS-Developer] connecting to QgsNetworkAccessManagers signals

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 16:38:52 PST 2019

On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 at 05:46, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

> On 1/19/19 5:22 PM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> > Nice plugin though!
> >
> > Try this: https://termbin.com/3y60
>
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> THANKS !!!!
>
> Works flawlessly!
>
> Now you see all WMS/WFS/WMTS/WCS/Locator/version.txt/plugins.xml/plugins
> itself etc etc http requests that QGIS fires to the servers! Much easier
> to copy the url to your browser and test it. Eg in case a
> getLegendRequest of a WMS is failing, or you see no data from a server
> request.
> No More Black Boxes ( NMBB :-) )

Agreed - this should make debugging a lot simpler.

> Two idea's that I hope somebody has an idea for:
>
> -1- now the plugin creates html-links in the Log Messages Panel, and
> they are rendered as links, but you cannot CLICK them and open them in a
> browser. I was hoping to be able to test the links by just clicking on
> them. Anybody a clue?

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/8915

Although -- I wonder if the log panel isn't the most appropriate here.
Maybe time to resurrect some of Nathan's ideas for a "dev mode"
switch, which opens a new set of chrome-style dev tools panels showing
stuff like this.

Could also integrate
https://gist.github.com/nyalldawson/6168df740d01ce667fdcf12ef946084d -
which is ripped from Martin's First Aid plugin and adds a dock showing
python local variables.

Nyall